The Last Space Shuttle Launch

One of the great things about living in Florida is there is always something exciting to do...and most of the time those things are fairly close by.  On a whim (and the urging of friends who live in Melbourne, FL) we decided to drive up for the last Space Shuttle launch. 

It didn't look like it was going to happen because of the terrible weather all day yesterday, but we drove from Melbourne to Cocoa Beach (Jetty Beach to be precise) at 6:00 am this the morning in the hopes that we would be able to catch a glimpse of the last shuttle take off and enjoy this historic moment.
(Along with about 1 million others.)









Thank goodness we took our chances...we had to wait until the very last minute, but finally the control center gave the okay and the shuttle was off!














I was not a big follower of the space program, however, those moments after the launch I felt my heart tugging and tears filled my eyes.  It was a bittersweet moment...

I am so happy we experienced it!  As always, I am grateful that we have the opportunities to experience so many amazing things...
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment